Thursday, August 25, 2016

Alston Clark Uses His JnJ Scholarship at Howard University

Alston Clark * Howard University
BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Johnson & Johnson awarded a $2,500 college scholarship to ten (10) students. One of those students is Alston Clark of Howard University.

Alston loves working on difficult problems and relating abstract concepts into realistic solutions. Born in St. Paul, Minnesota, Alston developed a love for science and technology at an early age. Currently a computer science major at Howard University, Alston enjoys finding ways to use technology to help positive social causes. During his free time, Alston can be found playing guitar or exploring the city with this brothers and sister. After college, Alston plans on working in industry for a number of years as a software engineer.

When asked to share his thoughts on being a Johnson & Johnson scholar, Alston wrote,

"During my freshman year in high school, I participated in BDPA High School Computer Competition. This was my first experience with coding and it opened my eyes to new possibilities. My instructor challenged myself and my teammates to be greater. I will never forget his class nor his advice. Being a member of the BDPA has benefited me in high school, and continues to help me reach my goals in college. I am extremely grateful for this organization."

BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented student on board as winner of the Johnson & Johnson Scholarship. We look forward to supporting Alston's career as he seeks to advance in the technology industry!

No comments: